From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:24:23 -0400
That's the one!  Thanks, John.

I wonder what was going on that led Mark Twain to write that story.  My
memory is that it was written in the mid-1870s, possibly even before the
telephone was widely known.  Does anyone know how the idea was suggested?

Coincidentally, I am in the middle of listening to a reading of Roughing It
that I downloaded from the Librivox site, and have previously listened to
Tom Sawyer from that site.  I think the same man read both books and he is
an excellent interpreter if the material, in my opinion.

Thanks again.  I will check out Alonzo and Rosannah.  Good stuff for my
commute.

Carl