From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2016 07:14:30 -0600
Did Carkeet use a ouija board? That was Twain's preferred method of making
his presence known.

I've been reminded off-list that he came back in 1982 and wrote yet another
entire book, and again in the 1990s to write a dedication (a sign he may be
slowing down?). These may be questionable since no ouija boards were
involved.

I hate to say it, but the quality of his writing has really deteriorated
since he died. That may explain why scholars ignore them. The editors at MTP
share this deplorable prejudice as well, including among his posthumous
works only those things he wrote BEFORE he died. Now, I ask you, what's
posthumous about that?

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books