From:
Paul Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 20:04:20 -0700
> One of our patrons is looking for a quote from Twain regarding the Jews
>and their ability to survive. Does this sound at all familiar? I have
>exhausted our collection of reference books on famous quotations. I have

 See Mark Twain's essay, "Concerning the Jews"
 Available in "The Complete Essays of Mark Twain" editor Charles Neider.
           or "Mark Twain Collected Tales Volume 2" editor  Louis  Budd

Probably this will contain what you need. A further, more obscure
reference is contained in "Mark Twain's Fables of Man" editor John Tuckey.
Page 446, "To the Editor of the American Hebrew".

The quote you might be looking for  is at the end of "Concerning  the
Jews":

    "...All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but
    he remains..."

pb