From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2018 11:17:16 -0500
She discusses that detail at page 122, and provides some context that ties
it in with the Modocs and with cremation practices, which Twain certainly
heard about but may never have witnessed (in America).

Being greeted by an Indian in Heaven might have given Twain one more reason
to prefer the society of the Other Place (my own observation, not Kerry
Driscoll's).

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books