From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 19:38:35 +0000
I am trying to find the text of a speech Twain gave in San Francisco early on, perhaps 1864. It was in connection with honoring an engineer who had helped raise a sunken ship. Googling, I have "missed fire." It may not have been a speech, per se, but an introduction of the main speaker, perhaps the engineer himself.
I recall Twain teasing the gent about being a "son of the forest" (an Indian) or some such.
Does anybody know where this might be?
 - B. Clay Shannon