From:
Ian Strathcarron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:34:49 +0000
Daunt Books are a small, intelligent chain of bookstores in central London. Occasionally they publish their own titles and they have just launched Mark Twain, American Drolleries; Selected Stories.

On the back cover it says ‘In these extraordinary stories Mark Twain takes us from the sleepy banks of the Mississippi, through frontier towns, and across the deserted gold plains of California. We encounter his countryfolk in all their bizarre variety: a cannibalistic ex-senator, a compulsive gambler, phoney travelling salesmen, and a team of bumbling detectives. The breadth, skill, and comic ingenuity of these tales remind us why Mark Twain is truly the ‘father of American literature’.’

This http://bit.ly/sEAkVt should link to it - if that doesn’t work have a rummage around www.dauntbooks.co.uk

If anyone would like to review it I can ask them to send a copy over.

Happy reading and writing

Ian

www.twaintraveler.com

Lord Strathcarron