Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 13:10:22 +0000
I have put my paper for the up-coming MLA panel on Mark Twain
and Washington on the web.  It is called "Mark Twain on Imperial
Washington, 1900-1910."  Anyone going to MLA who wants to read
it in advance (so they can nap without guilt during part of the panel)
or not going can find it at:

http://web.syr.edu/~fjzwick/twain_html/mla_mtdc.html

Barb Schmidt has put scores of articles online in "Mark Twain
in the New York Times" at

http://www.tarleton.edu/activities/pages/facultypages/schmidt/nytindex.html

The articles date from May 7, 1867, to Oct. 28, 1910, and are a
tremendous resource.  They include letters, accounts of speeches,
interviews, reviews, news of Twain's activities, obituaries and
tributes, etc.  The site is also searchable.  Thanks, Barb, for making
all of these materials so easily available.

Jim Zwick