From:
Mark Coburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:16:20 -0700
Since I didn't see the show, I found your comment on the PBS show  a bit
cryptic.  If by "In Converse" you meant an actual pretend dialogue between
Lewis and Freud, I don't know of any similar Twain projects.

There are at least three books, probably a lot more, about Twain and one
other person:
Guy Cardwell, Twins of Genius.  (1953)  On SLC's lecture tour with George
Washington Cable.
Margaret Duckett, Mark Twain and Bret Harte.  (1964)

And a favorite of mine, though it's a very old-fashioned kind of criticism:
Henry Seidel Canby, Turn West, Turn East:  Mark Twain and Henry James.
(1951)

Mark Coburn