From:
Michael Kiskis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:31:27 -0400
The bit from Hay is not new to the MTP edition.  Clemens used it as part of
"Chapters from my autobiography" -- see *Mark Twain's Own Autobiography, *pp.
109-110.  Hay is mentioned several times in that collection of chapters.

--
Michael J. Kiskis
Leonard Tydings Grant Professor of American Literature