From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:01:56 -0600
In Windows Live Mail the encoding has changed from OE. The options are "Western European (Windows)," "Western European (ISO)" and "More."  "More" includes two dozen languages, plus UTF 7 and UTF 8. The "Western European (ISO)" is an ASCII code, which is what I've been using in other listservs without any problems.  I'm not sure about "Western European (Windows)" but we are about to find out since I'm sending this message with that encoding using plain text to see what happens.

My understanding is that Twainweb is still on Windows 98. It is also my understanding that some members have no trouble viewing some messages that appear garbled to others. This makes me suspect there are conflicts between various platforms (which is why I noted what email system I was using).

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive