From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:46:28 -0400
Great to hear that Sacramento is honoring this new stamp!  After all, it was the Union that sent him t the Sandwich Islands.

Here in Hartford we are having some hoo-ha Saturday too, with the governor unveiling a blow-up of the stamp at 11, and a special cancellation of a first-day cover at "Mark Twain House Station." But the main event, of course, is in Hannibal, so the paddleboat's in the right river!

Steve Courtney
7 Union St.
Terryville, CT 06786
860-589-6412