Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:25:13 -0500
I have a page at my site with links to historical texts from the first U.S.
war against Muslim Filipinos and news and analysis from both the
U.S. and the Philippines about the military exercise held last year
(which also included a live combat role for U.S. troops) and the ones
proposed for this year:

America's War on Terrorism in the Philippines
http://www.boondocksnet.com/centennial/terrorism.html

There was more opposition to the exercises this year because of the
U.S. preparations for war against Iraq.  The broader peace process
between Muslim Filipinos and the Philippine government broke down
during the controversy so there is now a wider war there than when
the military exercises were proposed.  The exercises planned for this
year are still on hold.

Jim Zwick