From:
Terry Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 11:40:08 -0500
Since somebody asked, I'll state my views one more time. The organizers
have passed on the man who came the closest to exemplifying Twain (Kurt
Vonnegut) in exchange for giving it, year-by-year to the trendiest cast
member of Saturday Night Live. Twain was not shy about explaining the
difference between himself and the other humorists of the time, but all of
this is completely lost on the people who honor the comedians who make us
laugh and dress up the award with a familiar name from literature.

I know when Arizona became a state - easy because I grew up in Arizona.
When you read things like the War Prayer and Letters from the Earth, it is
easy to see what he is satirizing. Just look around. Then look through the
writings of past award winners and see who comes close.

--

Terry Ballard
Author and Leisure Studies Manager

"My memory has a mind of its own."