From:
david carkeet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:43:35 +0000
To: Twainians in New England and Arizona
For some time now I've been adapting selected short stories by Mark Twain for the stage, mainly as ten-minute plays. One is scheduled for a staged reading at the Northern Arizona Playwriting Showcase in Flagstaff on Sept. 9, 10, and 11; it is based on "The Facts Concerning the Recent Carnival of Crime in Connecticut." Another, drawing on Twain's Adam and Eve writings, will get a production at the Warner International Playwrights Festival in Torrington, CT, on Oct. 15. The whole shebang, six plays in all, including a 50-minute adaptation of "The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg," will have a staged reading at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford on Nov. 30. I can't make the first one (too far from Vermont, too expensive) but I will be at the second and will be deeply involved in the third. I hope some of you can make it, especially to the Hartford staged reading if you're in the area.
David Carkeet