From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 13:38:34 -0400
I will be chairing the Mark Twain Circle session at SAMLA this year, in
Atlanta, November 6-8.  The conference theme is "Human Rights and the
Humanities," so the Twain session is "Mark Twain and Human Rights."  Any
aspect on the theme, from his fiction, nonfiction, or biography.  Topics
that consider the role of his humor and satire are especially appreciated.

I thought I had a panel lined up, but folks had to back out because of other
commitments.  I need proposal very soon, for which I apologize, but just a
title and a short proposal will work.  Thanks!

John Bird
Winthrop University