From:
Dan Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:40:55 -0500
To be fair to the Oxfordians (and I have no position on this), what they will say is that Oxford's extant poems were written when he was very young. Joe Sobran, for ex, points out that Titus Andronicus is so inferior to late works like The Tempest that it was hard to believe Shakespeare wrote it. And as I recall, young Twain's "The Gallant Fireman" (if I'm remembering it correctly) didn't show a lot of promise, either, till you realize how young he was. Of course, it can work the other way, too, especially with poetry: I look at some of my earlier poem and think: wow, how come I can't write like that now?
Dan Walker