From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:29:07 -0400
You're certainly right, Barbara. I've seen many photos reproduced in
reverse, or misidentified.  I didn't have this before me when I wrote the
original post, but the picture can be found in Steve Courtney's delightful
book "'The Loveliest House That Ever Was'" on page 119.  I've also seen it
in one other book I've read within the last decade, but I can't remember
which book.

The girl I think is Clara has a slightly mischievous look about her that I
associate with young Clara's personality.  The other girl has a sadness in
her eyes that I associate with Susie, especially around the time of her Bryn
Mawr days; she also bears a resemblance to pictures of the young Sam
Clemens.

Carl