Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 13:02:05 -0700
Hello, everyone! An acquaintance of mine, Michele Walfred, who works for the University of Delaware, just completed her Master’s thesis on Thomas Nast and his treatment, in his political cartoons, of the Chinese in America.

With Martin Zehr’s paper, "Mark Twain's 'The Treaty With China': Precursor With a Punch," having generated much discussion at the 2013 Elmira Conference; and with there having been a Forum posting on 9 Jan. 2014 of a link to a _New York Times_ article entitled, "The Curious, and Continuing, Appeal of Mark Twain in China"; and of course in light of Mark Twain’s friendship with Thomas Nast, I thought some Forum members might find Michele’s thesis portal (digital humanities analysis) also of interest: <http://thomasnastcartoons.com/>.

Michele has consented for me to post her aforementioned link on the Forum, and I am sure she would be happy to hear from any of you wanting to pursue some further, scholarly discussions along these lines. She is not a Forum member, and so she can be reached directly through her website.

M. L. Christmas