Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Stephen Railton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:46:08 EST
I'm writing to let the Forum know that I've added a new feature to the
website "Mark Twain In His Times."  Loosely based on Twain's own "Memory
Builder" game, it's a game that lets users see what they know and don't know
about Twain's life and times.  I tried to design it for people at a couple
different levels, from high school students to interested adults.  If any
Forum members have a chance to look at it, I'd be very grateful to know what
you think -- especially if (1) you spot any errors, factual or otherwise, and
(2) you think I've left out anything that should really be included.  You can
access the game right off the site's homepage, at
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/railton
     I'd also like help trying to locate a couple possible photos.  Does
anyone know where I can get a picture of George Griffen, the African American
who was Twain's butler in the Hartford house?  (I've always assumed he was
the G.G. who greets readers at the start of Huck Finn, but I can't find any
pictures of him.)  And does anyone know where there's a good picture of James
Paige, the infamous inventor?  Thanks for your help.  Steve Railton