From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2023 08:31:28 -0700
While tracking the trains between Fort Wayne, Lafayette, and
Indianapolis, I became confused over the Day  By Day entries for
February 6 and 7.  It appears that both "Chronology of Known Mark Twain
Speeches,..." and "Touring with Cable and Huck" missed the Lafayette
Lecture on February 6th of 1885.  Gary Scharnhorst did not.  What caused
me to stumble was the February 6th DBD entry that goes on to describe
the February 7th lecture in Indianapolis and then the February 7th entry
that notes Sam had to get up a 7am to take the train to Indianapolis.
Why would he need to do that if he was already in Indianapolis?

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/