From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:51:29 -0600
apologies if this is already posted somewhere;  but there is a scathing
article about the AUTOBIOGRAPHY in the latest NEW YORKER.  I'm not sure it
will rate with the notorious Jane Smiley piece of several years ago, but it
may be close, at least in the spirit of its deeply antagonistic attitude
about my adoptive state's favorite son.  OUCH!

a much shoter e-version of this screed is vailable at:

www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/atlarge/2010/11/29/101129crat_atlarge_gopnik

All kidding aside, I'd be interested in hearing others' views of this bitter
piece.  Also:  I think this author --one Adam Gopnik-- claims that about 95%
the new AUTOB. has already been published in the 3 earlier versions --is
this true, did I miss that somewhere??

best, --hb

--
Harold K. Bush, Ph.D