From:
Gregg Camfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 2009 13:36:04 -0700
I fear, Doug, that your opportunity wanes as the digital age waxes.  Here's
a link to a Project Gutenberg HTML version of the tale, right out of _SN&O_,
the entirety of which, with illustrations, is available for free to anyone
who has web access.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3189/3189-h/p1.htm#frog

A searchable version of the "Works" of Mark Twain (i.e., those in public
domain)is available from Mobi-Reference, and another, boldly called
"definitive" (though we know better) from Oak Grove, each for around five
bucks.  These "mobi" versions can be viewed by any e-reader, any computer,
and many mobile devices, such as cell phones, the iPod touch, Sony PSP, etc.
Get them from such sites as "Mobipocket" or from the Amazon "Kindle" section
of Amazon.com, etc.

BEST OF ALL, The MT Project is now converting a truly scholarly version of
MT's works and papers to TEI compliant XML versions.  Already about a
bazillion letters and _Huck_ are up, for FREE.  It's an unsustainable
business model, but we may enjoy it while we can.

As Egon said in _Ghostbusters_ a quarter of a century ago, "Print is dead."
The rejoinder, "Long live pixel-print."

Gregg