From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:32:37 +0000
Taylor--

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've been a fan of Vinyl Cafe since I first heard it.  His tales of Dave and Morley, their family and friends, maintained the humor tradition of Leacock (often called the Canadian Mark Twain).  I'm also grateful to McLean for having exposed me to an impressive array of Canadian musicians.  His show was broadcast from a different Canadian locale virtually every week, making him a trans-Canadian national treasure.  For MT Forum members who have  not heard of McLean, I recommend Vinyl Cafe podcasts.

--LH

Larry Howe
Professor of English & Film Studies
Department of Literature and Languages