From:
MacKinnon Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 06:43:33 -1000
Roger Durrett wrote:
>I had the good fortune to meet Helen Hayes
>before she passed away.  As a young actress she had an opportunity to
>work with William Gillette, and said, during our few minutes together,
>"Oh, the stories he used to tell about Mr. Clemens!"
>
>I never got to hear the stories, sad to say...

Helen Hayes son--James MacArthur--is still around, now living, I think, in
California (he was here in Hawai'i recently shooting a new Hawai'i Five-O
pilot in which he has been promoted from "Danno" to "The Governor").
Perhaps someone has access to him for his mother's stories of Gillette and
MT.

Mac Simpson