From:
Jocelyn Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:03:04 -0700
I have been a member of this forum for longer than I can really remember and have learned from, contributed to, and read with enthusiasm comments from this group. I am so sorry that today, I will ask to be removed. I am making this request publicly and with much sorrow in my heart and in my soul. When I read the quote yesterday, I actually wondered whether anyone othen than the usuals would respond.

  I thank you all for the wonderful conversations, but I cannot, will not abide any sort of insensitivity on a forum from which I have always expected substantive conversation, scholarship, and yes, disputation, but without wreckless remarks for no apparent reason other than one can.

  Mr Fears, you have caused me to do something that I never thought I would do--leave a forum I have so loved and admired for so long.

  Jocelyn A. Chadwick

David H Fears <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Isn't it interesting that those who lie here waiting in attack mode for
terms they *perceive* as pejorative respond by using terms such as "troll" and
"fossil" in ways which are undeniably pejorative. Such abuse can only limit
contributions to this forum.

David H Fears

Home.