From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2016 18:30:55 +0000
Val Kilmer's 2013 movie, "Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn" is a train wreck and a travesty. Don't waste your time, unless you enjoy the feeling of being sick at your stomach. If Val Kilmer's intent was to portray Twain as an evil idiot, he succeeded. I wanted to not just yell at the tv, but also chunk a hunk of lead at it. The story is a weird kaleidoscopic, topsy-turvy amalgamation of Twain tales; Kilmer looks creepy in his zombie-esque makeup, and the other actors (who are obviously amateurs) speak English with European accents (it was filmed in Bulgaria, so I assume they are Bulgarians).

Other than that, it's not too bad. I gave it one star on netflix, which is the overall rating it has; was I the only one to rate it? Was I the only person to see it (besides my long-suffering wife)? I gave it one star because it's not possible to give it zero stars - or negative 44, which is how I'd really like to appraise it. - B. Clay Shannon