From:
Alex Effgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:42:14 -0400
Can I be the third to express my thanks and appreciation to all who
made last weekend in Elmira the greatest conference of my brief
academic life? My first trip to Elmira will not be my last.

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could one of you (some of you,
all of you) reconstruct Hal Holbrook's sentiments at the study the
final night? I was one of the people in the back of the smoke circle
and could not hear (or see for that matter) Mr. Holbrook wax poetic
on Clara and Nina. It felt like the "Blessed are the cheesemakers"
scene from "Life of Brian."

To those still travelling to their overseas homes, god bless.
-Alex Effgen
Boston University