Lawrence Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 07:24:44 -0800
Alex--
Keep your anti-Rolling Stones rants to yourself  ;)
--LH

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, Effgen, Alex Brink <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Effgen, Alex Brink <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Cigars and whiskey on the ready...
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 8:51 AM

I thought the emoticon of semicolon and close parenthesis indicated a jest,=
 not a rant.

I'm still so new to this digital world.

And for the curious the four books I list as alternatives...

DECISION POINTS, by George W. Bush
UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand
DECODED, by Jay-Z
LIFE, by Keith Richards with James Fox

...are currently ahead of our favorite autobiographer on the New York Times=
 list. Come on, people! 19 bucks on Amazon gets you, what Adam Gopnik of th=
e New Yorker recently described as, "a reshuffling of the same deck of dict=
ated and written fragments and pieces published in the last decades of Twai=
n's life (slightly altered here by Twain's revising hand and ostensibly in =
his intended order)."

;)    [indicating jest]

Seriously, for 19 bucks everyone I know is getting this as their Christmas =
present. Forget JZ, GWB, and whoever that Keith Richards guy is.

Alex