From:
westbook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:03:54 -0600
Just think of the thousands of lectures MT gave during his life. What a
shame no one had the foresight to be certain his voice was preserved with
the technology of the early 20th century.
I've often thought of writing a novel depicting the modern discovery of some
of those lost cylinders, and the uproar that would cause in the literary and
legal worlds, who would have the rights, much intrigue, etc.
The 1980s discovery of the 2nd half of the Huck Finn MS would make a novel
like this very plausible. In fact, when I finish the trilogy I'm presently
working on, I might just tackle that project.
Tim Champlin