Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 09:39:36 -0500
As a source for this paper, I would recommend _Mark Twain and Music_
issued on a CD which was recorded live at a luncheon at the
Berkeley City Club on 8 October 2003.  It was a joint presentation
featuring Dr. Robert Hirst of the Mark Twain Project of the Bancroft
Library at the University of California Project at Berkeley and
the San Francisco Choral Artists.  Hirst's presentation on music
in Twain's life was illustrated with selections of choral music
in historically authentic arrangements.  The CD features hymns,
art songs, folk songs and spirituals.  To my knowledge this CD
has never been released commercially, but there may be copies
still available through the Mark Twain Project.

Barb