From:
"Richard Henzel http://www.richardhenzel.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:31:41 -0700
Hi,

If I could throw my two cents in, I too doubt that this quote is from
Mark Twain. It's too cute, too pat, and too much like the kind of thing
that gets forwarded so many times that it is in fact a kind of virus: a
virus of dishonest attribution to validate a particular sentiment. There
are entire pages of quotes, an entire editorial column, in fact, that
goes around with Andy Rooney's all over it. Not one word is his, but
someone wanted to sucker people into reading what they might not have
read, had it not had a famous name attached.

I would be especially suspicious of homilies denouncing *change* these
days...

Richard Henzel