From:
Tony Verhulst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:31:58 -0500
Alan Eliasen wrote:

>    I think that any of us posed with the Herculean task of distilling all of
> the interesting events of Twain's life into 4 hours would soon despair.  It's
> like trying to cram an elephant into a hatbox.

Or the weather into New England :-).

I liked the show, in general.  For what ever reason, I get very
defensive when people call SLC a racist. And so, I thought that the Huck
Finn part of the raft trip leading up to "all right, I'll go to hell"
was very well done.  I also appreciated the reading of Twain's letter
(which Shelley Fisher Fiskin calls "the smoking gun" in "Lighting out
for the Territory") to the president of Yale offering assistance to a
black student.

Tony

--
... don't you meddle with old unloaded firearms.  They are the
most deadly and unerring things that have ever been created by man...

Mark Twain