Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 22:55:49 EDT
Comments: Resent-From: Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]> Originally-From: [log in to unmask]
The following is some more official information about the death of Carol
Kramer last week, sent to me by the Mark Twain Papers.  Carol was an
Editorial Assistant at MTP, and during her time there was immensely
helpful to Twain scholars, including many subscribers of the Forum.  To
others of us, including me, she was also a great friend, and I still
can't believe that when I return to Cambridge in the Fall she won't be
there.

In addition to her work at MTP, in 1992 Carol was instrumental in
putting Net-connected Twain enthusiasts in contact with each other, and
the result of her efforts can be seen right now on the Forum.  I'm glad
that she was able to see it grow into its present, fine form.

Taylor Roberts

     Carol Commins Kramer
     Alamo
     June 9, 1948-July 16, 1995
        Carol Ann Marie Commins Kramer, a librarian in the Alameda and
     Contra Costa library districts, died of a cerebral hemorrhage Sunday
     at her home in Alamo.  She was 47.
        The native of Walnut Creek lived in Alamo 28 years.  She attended
     Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek and Diablo Valley College in
     Pleasant Hill, and received a bachelor's degree in philosophy from San
     Jose State.  She received her master's in library sciences from
     UC-Berkeley, and attended Harvard University.
        She is survived by her mother, Catherine Commins of Alamo; sister,
     Karen Commins Olk of Martinez; and brothers, Robert G. Commins of
     Antioch and Richard M. Commins of Alamo.
        Services: 1 p.m. Sunday, Oak Park Hills Chapel, Walnut Creek.
     Visitation, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the chapel.  Burial, Alamo
     Cemetery, Danville.