From:
tdempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 05:55:17 -0600
Gregg,  I think you are being intelektualy lazy.  It is the awthur's dooty
to catch misteaks.  I know that Twain never made none in his works.  Our
local shcool uses "Life on the Mississippi" as a geography text it is so
good and acurate.
    I think a good riter also uses only refrences to important classical
sourses.  I'm with Fears that compairing Twain to people that ordinary
people might understand -- not literairy people like us smart peple on this
list understand -- is bad.  I would have been happyer if Powerses' book only
referd to people like the English greats Chaucer, Sheakspeare, and Spencer
or to Romans like Cicero, Virgil, and Liver.  I think this is a reflexion of
the cultural decline our nation is experiancing and why there are so many
alliens living here and why I want them all to go home except for Maria who
cleans my house on thursdays and Juan who cuts the grass and all the people
who work in my cousin Leroys restaurant in St. Louis and that is what is
really wrong with the Powers book.
    Please quit being such a whiner, Gregg. You better spend some time going
over the books you have wrote.  I know for a fack that you used a colon one
time when a proper writer like Mr. Fears would have used a small intestine.
    Terrell