Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:31:12 -0600
Thanks Barb, for this blurb.

Just to continue my thoughts on stodginess (no insult intended). 1601
brings something to mind. Would MT partake on a moderated forum? And
even more, would the moderators even tolerate MT on this forum. For
example, let's say 1601 was composed & presented by a member of this
list. Can we even imagine the moderators allowing it thru?
Now we know, that MT wrote this outlandish piece, and so it's allowed on
the list. But had one of us used farting to make fun on the list, and
had one of us used the most tabooed word ever, the word cunt, would
there be any possibility at all of the moderators allowing it to reach
all the list members? Get my point. This should cause the moderators at
least a moment of pause, at just what they censor. And doesn't the whole
notion of a moderator, thus censorship, on a Twain forum go against
every grain and fiber, not to mention, the spirit, of Twain?
I'm not trying to upset the apple cart here. Just trying to set some of
us free, to encourage Twain like posts on the list. I don't think any of
us would like to see the informing of all things Twain to stop. Please,
keep it coming. But Twainiacs should be Twainiacs, not just informers.
So where's the Twainiacing?

And Barry Crimmins. Thanks for: "who has spent far more than a penny
attempting to rid us of the Halliburton subsidiary known as the Bush
Administration." Just a few words, and to the point. And a great turn of
phrase (Twain like) to call Bush & Co. a subsidiary of Halliburton.
Seems the turning point of this last election were, God, Guns, & Gays.
MT would have much to say about this. Probably something like:

"Today economics and salvation merge – Jesus and global domination of
resources can work hand in hand -- and liberate the land, the people,
and the oil, from the grips of those who are ultimately damned."

Harold