From:
Mac Donnell Rare Books <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 23:37:28 +0000
This is the kind of evidence enumerated in some statistical methods.
They track misused words like hard/difficult, a/an, their/there, odd
habits in phrasing, British vs US usage, misspellings, regional
differences, use of passive voice, patterns in the use of contractions
which can be telling, and word frequency patterns. These methods are
used in law enforcement and I see reason they couldn't be used to
establish attributions of literary works. One obvious advantage is that
while in law enforcement there are often very few samples to work from
and little or no control group, we have an abundance of samples for the
control group for every period of Twain's life.,

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive