From:
Alex Effgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:42:14 -0400
Hello MTF:

I'm beating the online bushes trying to scare up resources for a
paper on Twain's public image through media outlets: namely, his
photograph and caricature (or cartoon) in print.  I'm most interested
to see how he was portrayed towards the end of his life when he
became outspoken on political issues and also a known friend to those
in big business.  However, I'm having difficulty finding anything
collected, and wonder if anyone might know of a source, or at least a
direction, in which I should point my attention.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alex B. Effgen
Boston University