From:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:53:48 -0800
There's no way such a wonderful posting could be viewed as off topic. Congratulations, Carl.

On Friday, December 5, 2014 11:46 AM, Carl J. Chimi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I guess this is slightly off topic, but some of you might be amused by it.

My lovely daughter is pregnant for the first time at 34, due in late July of
2015.  When we asked her if she had thought of names, she said if it is a
girl they are thinking of Olivia.  If a boy, Samuel.

Now, I've been a Mark Twain buff for over 50 years, but I'm not aware my
daughter has anything but a layman's knowledge of him.  She seemed surprised
when I made the connection for her.  Neither name has ever appeared anywhere
in my or her mother's families, as far as I know.  She just likes those
names.

Perhaps a parent's interests rub off in unexpected ways.  This will be my
first grandchild and I eagerly await the appearance of little Livy or Sam.

I am retiring in mid-January, after more than 30 years in the classroom as a
professor of computers in business sorts of topics.  I guess I am picking
the right time.  I'm already making a list of Mark Twain places to visit.
Maybe someday the little one and I will visit some of them together.

Sorry to be off topic, but my daughter made me very happy in several ways
when she told us this.

Carl