From:
Matthew Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:45:36 CST
Well, I must say Siva's defence of the Oxford Huck Finn is a through
one.  In my original posting, I did mention that you should get the
book if you wanted the essays, and I must confess that I made the
posting before I had time to take a good long look at the Oxford Huck
Finn, while I've been reading the Random House edition for a while,
relishing in the pictures.  I'm pretty sure the Oxford edition is on
acid free paper, while I don't think the Random house one is, so that
too may be a consideration.  As for purchasing the whole set, I got
it for about $204 and some change (This price included postage) from
the Strand book store.  There was a discussion about this a few weeks
back, and if the books are $15 to $25 each anyway.....

    Of course $200 is a lot of money, and buying the set means I'll
have to live on salads for the rest of the semester, but I think it
was well worth the sacrifice.

        Reading Twain material he never read before,

            Matthew Miller