From:
Kathleen Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:24:03 EDT
losing
a home and the long-lasting effects in The Autobiography of  Mark Twain,
edited by Charles Neider---Thank you so much!
I have been involved for close to 8 years in the Kelo v New London  case
involving the misuse of eminent domain.
The case eventually made its way to the Supreme  Court.
In attempting to explain the importance of home to our beloved city
council,
et al, I frequently used the Twain quote.
I don't know how I managed to lose the source but I've been  obsessed with
finding it ever since.
I have just ordered the book from Amazon and am hoping I will find  it.

Kathleen Mitchell