Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 22:15:15 -0400
Susan Bailey has begun a page to raise funds for DNA testing on
materials that were owned by Clara Clemens, which are being donated by
scholar and collector Kevin Mac Donnell.

A positive result would settle with certainty Bailey's already
plausible claim in _The Twain Shall Meet_ that she is the daughter of
Nina Clemens Gabrilowitsch, who has long been thought to have been
Mark Twain's last descendant.

A recent media interview of Bailey may be viewed from within the
fundraising page at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dnatest-to-verify-mother-was-twain-s-granddaughter

As I noted in my review of _The Twain Shall Meet_ at
<http://www.twainweb.net/reviews/BaileyGosselin.html>, Bailey and
co-author Deborah Lynn Gosselin have written the best biography to
date of Mark Twain's granddaughter.

The campaign is not for profit, but rather is to assist toward
settling a question of interest to Mark Twain Forum members. If the
funding goal is not reached, Bailey will donate any funds collected to
The Mark Twain House & Museum in Hartford.

I hope you have a great weekend,
Taylor Roberts