From:
Hilton Obenzinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:51:34 -0800
Whoa, Dennis!  Jerome Kern and Kurt Weil?  Amazing.  Do you are anyone on
the list know of any recordings we can order of both of them?

Hilton

At 04:42 PM 3/7/2004 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>I have not kept up with this particular strand of conversations, so I hope I
>am not repeating what has been said before.
>
>There is a musical comedy of the Prince and the Pauper. I know I have a copy
>somewhere in the house. And there is an older musical--I think with a pre-MASH
>Alan Alda-- called "The Apple". It is based on The Diaries of Adam and Eve. I
>remember it as being   particularly nice. I think I might have an old LP of
>it, or at least a tape.
>
>I believe Jerome Kern also wrote something, perhaps just an overture.
>
>And there are the Kurt Weill songs for the Huckleberry Finn musical that
>never happened.
>
>Dennis Kelly

Hilton Obenzinger, PhD.
Associate Director for Honors Writing, Undergraduate Research Programs
Lecturer, Department of English
Stanford University
415 Sweet Hall
650.723.0330