Sender:
From:
"Kevin. Mac Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:34:49 -0600
There is in fact a mention of a guitar in RI, but it's a passing reference
to printers sitting around at the end of the day, and the reference is to
some other printer who would strum a guitar --no mention of Twain playing it
himself, or owning one.

But I do have a vague recollection of some text (a letter perhaps, or
notebook entry?) where Twain was packing a guitar he owned for a trip, no
mention of what make or model. A quick check of the Twain's World CD reveals
several references to guitars in his writings, but nothing else. Perhaps
somebody with pluck could get a string on this by searching the Berkeley
online letters and see if something strikes a chord. I know some of you will
fret over my bad puns, but please, no riffs.

Kevin Mac Donnell
Austin TX