Kim Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:10:48 -1000
Hi David,

I'll definitely keep an eye out for any surf-bathing tidbits that I stumble upon during my research. For sure. I haven't immersed myself in the complete range of Twain's lecture notes and/or newspaper accounts thereof. Have you reviewed his extant notebooks? If not, I have a copy of Mark Twain's Notebooks & Journals (eds. Anderson, Frank, and Sanderson) from the time of Twain's visit. I don't recall much mention of surfing, if at all, but I can do another read-through for you if you haven't searched that volume yet. Just let me know.

And what a great opportunity to see Hal Holbrook in action. Did he offer any insights on your query?

Good to hear from you.

Mahalo,
Kim

Kim Steutermann Rogers