Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:42:01 +0000
My study is of the people and activity in Nevada Territory during the time Sam Clemens, and after 14 months, Mark Twain, spent in the Territory. They did a lot of shaping of his writing style. One memorialist reports he had some private tutoring in grammar from the local schoolmarm. It is the time during which he changed from referring to the Union Army as "them" to "our". Bob Stewart, unaffiliated researcher and Twain-in-Nevada Territory affictionado.