From:
Steve Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:12:58 -0400
I've never used a Mac product in my life and yet I share Roger's despair
at ever understanding why sometimes an email I'll send will show up
strangely formatted, without apparent rhyme or reason.

One reason I despair at ever fathoming or remedying email format
problems is that my son, who recently graduated with a M.S. in computer
science and works as a software engineer in Silicon Valley, couldn't
diagnose the problem for me. Apparently there are so many variables
relating to the formatting options in the email software used by the
sender and the recipient of the email -- so it's very for to "A" to
control what "B" sees when "A" emails to "B"  and when it involves a
group email (a forum like this one) there are other coding options
involved, it's like "A" to "C" to "B," creating more variables.  At
least that's how I understood what my son told me.

Speaking of technology:  if Mark Twain were alive today, I fear he
would've sunk all his money into investing in the Palm Pre phone.

Steve Hoffman
Takoma Park MD