Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:17:31 -0500
From:
Alan Gribben <[log in to unmask]>
Barbara Schmidt:

I myself had trouble understanding the New York Times story, since I
remembered consulting that supposedly undiscovered "Great Republic's Peanut
Stand" manuscript a number of times when I was a graduate student at U.C.
Berkeley in the 1970s. (Maybe I should have taken the opportunity to
"discover" it then!)  It seemed unlikely that the MTP editors had no
recollection or record of the piece.  It's good to see that this matter is
getting straightened out.

Regards,
Alan Gribben