From:
Jason Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:18:24 -0500
Hm!  I would say that the case was made that Saddam and all his
activities puit our Republic in danger.  I think Twain would have
also.  And, remember, Twain did support liberating Cuba from an
oppressive government--even though the United States was not in
any immediate danger.  Of course, he did not support the move to
the Philippines.
     I hope I understood the drift of your post here.  Twain's views
can be debated on the issue of Pariotism and war.  He was surely
in favor of helping the oppressed--in any part of the world.

Jason