From:
Sharon McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:42:31 -0400
Thank you, Kevin.  Yes, my friend told me about the money, but not about the
hooker in the corner--and that's fascinating about the advertising poster in
San Francisco; I may contact you privately about finding some things, if
that's all right.  My friend said that the locals actually accepted the
money in their businesses, subsidizing the Emperor's lifestyle.   That might
have been something that attracted Twain as well, though he gave the king a
completely different character and twist.

Again, I'm thrilled and grateful for the generous help of the forum.  Thanks
again.

Best,
Sharon