From:
Scott Dalrymple <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 15:46:30 -0400
Buffalo is popular today!  The new first part of the _Huck Finn_ MS
now resides at the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library, where the
rest has been for many years.  The Library recently opened a special
exhibit room devoted to the book & manuscript.

As for scholarship, the most notable is certainly Victor Doyno's
work.  Vic, who teaches at the University at Buffalo, has
already written an excellent book called _Writing Huck Finn_, recently
issued in a paperback version.  That book, published around 1991, was
about the then-extant (last) portion of the MS.  His forthcoming book
will examine the newly discovered MS portion.  (OK-- I must disclose
that Vic is both a good friend and my dissertation advisor-- but his
work really is interesting!)

Random House has purchased the publication rights to the new MS and
will issue a new _Huck Finn_ text sometime soon, I believe.

Scott Dalrymple